Biosafety Policy of Bangladesh - 2020 - Draft
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
The objectives of the biosafety policy are to:
- adopt measures to ensure safe research, production, transfer, handling, use, export, import, and all other possible dealings with genetically modified organisms and products thereof;
- strengthen institutional, scientific and technical capacities of the country to deal with biosafety issues;
- develop high quality infrastructural facility for GMO detection and identification;
- enhance human capacity in different areas related to biosafety;
- implement the obligations of Bangladesh as a Party to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety.
- take into consideration socio-economic and ethical issues in decision making process relating to biosafety;
- promote public participation, accountability and transparency in all matters relating to biosafety.
Source: http://www.bchbd.org/index.php?cmd=supplementary - documents